Monday, January 8, 2018

GORILLA MAN


I met the gorilla man that has haunted my dreams for years.  Remember the cub scout leader for the twins that popped out as a gorilla.  His family moved from Walnut Creek a couple months ago into the Manito ward.  He looked up our family on facebook and he was like "That is your dad, I know him! We are buds.  And we went to wood badge together until he dropped out" haha  it was a weird connection. 

There are so many amazing things happening in this area! We had some good lessons this week and found some people! 

Yesterday the Blakes walked into church and she asked us when she was feeding us next and I was like "Oh no, we forgot to tell her that it is tonight"  We were like it actually is tonight.  She was like oh okay well you can come over, don't know what we are having but just come over.  And then like an hour before dinner she texted and said that her son's friend Frankie texted Nathan and asked if the missionaries were somehow coming over tonight because he missed coming to church and wants to meet with us! 

It was awesome!  There are moments that like that that make me realize that God really is in the details of our lives.  It was amazing!  And the lesson went great. After we said amen, he jumped up and was like "I got to go ask my mom if I can go to seminary tomorrow!"  He was so excited!  It really is amazing how our examples go so far.  We asked how each one of them have experienced hope through Jesus Christ and Frankie was like "I know that God is watching over me by sending me friends like Ben (another kid in the ward) and everyone else to show me this.  And going to church just makes me feel good"  

Pray that his family will be in support! 


that was that this week


No comments :

Post a Comment