Monday, February 12, 2018

"Do you want CDIFF or don't you?"


Nicole's Letter: "Do you want CDIFF or don't you?"
Feb. 12, 2018

Sorry if this doesn't really make any sense:


Some quotes of the week

Nurse: "Do you want CDIFF or don't you"

Old man: "No I don't but I don't like yogurt"

Nurse: "Mam, you gotta put your pants back on or we will have to detain you"
----As we see bare feet running pass our "room" that is made of just sheets that they pulled around the bed.  

The old man next to us talking about his medical yesterday.  Told them of his prostate cancer and then was like 

old man: "I think they removed my bladder"

nurse: "I don't think so sir"

man: "then it was one of my kidneys"

Nurse: "Let me check your medical history. No, you still have both kidneys" 
 
Old man: "Well, it was a long time ago"

Women going by on a stretcher yelling 
"Where is my vampire family?  Give them back, you zombie slime"

 Some of the quotes that you hear as you are in the ER getting hooked up to some fluids.  

To say the least this week was pretty crazy.

Tuesday we had MLC meeting which was super good and I felt totally fine (no sickness at all).  Learned lots from President and Sister Dymock.

Wednesday it all turned for the worst.  Woke up not feeling to great but I didn't think too much about it but I just asked for the garbage can next to me just in case while we were planning.  Then all of a sudden everything came up.  I didn't make it to the bathroom but instead I was on my hands and knees in our front room throwing up everything in me into the garbage can while my sweet companion was still planning.  I asked her what she was doing while I was throwing up and she was like well I was thinking about who you would want to go see in the off chance that you would want to go out. haha she knows me too well but this time my body got the upper hand and I had to stay in.  But I was hoping that it would pass quickly like last time since our zone had a temple trip on Thursday.  But then Thursday wasn't much better.  I couldn't keep anything in me and so I was super bummed that I couldn't go to the temple.  I just stayed at Sister Blake's house and slept to try to get my fever that was super high down. 

And then Thursday night was still the same.  Up every hour double dragon it.  But luckily we went on exchanges that night and Sister Lilley came with me since Sister John didn't get any sleep the two nights before. Sister Lilley was a CNA and going into the medical field.  So in the morning she knew that I literally was going to pass out if I didn't get some fluids.  We went to the Urgent Care which was pretty pointless.  The doctor was going to send us home but Sister Lilley put up a good fight with him since my fever was high, my heart rate was all the way up to 115 and I literally had nothing in my body.  So they sent me to the ER to get an IV in me.  There they did some tests and put something up my nose and I am pretty sure that it went all the way up to my frontal lobe, it was super painful.  I didn't think I was that sick but they had to give me two huge bags of fluids and put me on morphine which made me super sleepy and dizzy.  But all the nurses and doctors were very nice.  

To add a little cherry on top of everything the APs sent out a mass text to all the Zone Leaders warning them that a bad case of the flu was at MLC.  The Zone Leaders in our zone told me about it and apparently at the end it said please forward to your STL and they were like yeah We think we will pass since it was our STL.  So the whole mission knows. 

And now I am here at the mission home to get some rest.  But I learned that the symptoms might last for weeks so that is just great.  But hey I lasted until this long, just 10 weeks shy of the end of my mission.    


oh and I missed Carol going to the temple.  What is this?! Missed two temple trips!

But God is good.  He sends so many amazing people into our lives.  The ward took good care of me and the sisters in my zone.  Also, got a really powerful blessing that was really spiritual.  God is real. (since I probably would be dead if he wasn't) 



No comments :

Post a Comment