Monday, April 24, 2017

Thy Will Be Done.












Nicole's Letter:
"Thy Will Be Done"
April 24, 2017

Yes, another week has gone by and another lesson has been learned (okay a lot of lessons).  There are apparently things that I am suppose to learn and the only way I can learn them is through experiences, I guess. 

After one particular rough day of trying to work hard and be motivated for two people I was just kind of mad and frustrated.  At the end of the day I knelt next to my bed and I started asking the most popular question of the human mind, Why?  But then all of a sudden the question turned into me saying to my Heavenly Father, "Thy will be Done".  I don't know why things happen or why things aren't happening.  I really don't but I do know that God knows and he is just making me into the person that he wants me to be.  That knowledge sometimes doesn't make situations any easier but it does make things worth it. 

I know that the Lord is molding me into the person I need to become.  Yes, I still would wish that some things would be different but I can honestly say that I turned my will over to the Lord's this week.  I am accepting that maybe I am here not so much for baptisms but maybe for my companions (which was actually quite hard to accept because, when you think about a mission that is not something you dream of "I will sacrifice 18 months of my life to help someone that already has the gospel and is on a mission and is my companion- Not the first thing that you dream of when you think about serving a mission"  No, you think of those fairy tales of meeting those that are searching and wanting something and you being able to provide the happiness and peace that they are so desperately searching for.  Cliche but it's what a lot of people think about and I am not saying there is nothing wrong with that, I still hope that I will meet someone that needs me but if not these 18 months were still not a waste.  And it also made me realize that the point of this life is to help our brothers and sisters, no matter where they are in life, what they are going through, we are to help and love them. 

Maybe my story will be a little bit different than the fairy tale that I had in my mind before but it isn't a waste just because it is different.  Maybe others will look down at the story that I am living but God is the author and I trust him completely (even sometimes I might be stubborn or frustrated or mad...the list goes on). 

After that night when I completely turned it over to the Lord things started to happen.  I mean nothing crazy like converting nations but miracles for me.  We got invited over for dinner at the WML house and his wife invited a family over.  We are going to go over to their house today and share a little bit more.  Then we saw on our board that a member has a friend named Ralph that might be interested.  So we texted Brother Draleau about Ralph.  They randomly met each other when Bro Draleau was doing his home teaching and Ralph was at the persons home.  Then after that they ran into each other so many other times.  At the end of our phone call with him he was like "You know what I am going to call him right now" Thirty minutes later he said that we could meet with him tomorrow.  So on Saturday we met with Ralph.  He is a rancher, cowboy hat, boots and big white handlebar mustache and all.  He is super nice and the lesson was so good! Brother Draleau basically has PMG memorize, it was like he was our third companion, it was super good! Hopefully we are meeting with him later this week!   

We are still meeting with Wynona, the native american.  She is still kind of crazy :)  Still thinks the Word of Wisdom is going to kill her.

Sister Norman was sick this week so that was a bummer but she is feeling better. Still trying to think of what happened this week but I don't even know.  

On Saturday we went to Cottonwood and Alexis (who just is here for the summer, she actually served in Milwaukee, Wisconsin mission! Drove us around, it was super fun!)

Love sis steve

sorry i am trying to think of anything funny that happened but I can't...my emails are probably becoming more boring so I apologize :)  

Went to a less active who apparently is a huge drug dealer and missionaries are actually not suppose to go there but the Elders who use to be here didn't tell us...

No comments :

Post a Comment