Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter and Conference and Montana


Hello!


Highlights from the week:

Monday we went to Schweitzer which is the ski resort up here and it was a little snowglobe! It was so pretty! We just got hot chocolate and enjoyed it, even if we looked super weird in dresses at a ski resort :)
It is still a little cold and snowy, a nice Easter treat for us. 

We went TO MONTANA this week. Since we are covering 5 areas this transfer, one of them goes into Montana and we had a lesson with someone there. It was fun and so pretty. The drive was amazing. It was right along the lake for a while and the mountains across the lake looked like glaciers (kind of). I felt like I was in Alaska- or at least what I picture Alaska to look like. 

We had to drive to Spokane as well to get our car checked. So we did lots of driving this week. 
We watched conference with our investigators which was awesome! It just made me realize how lucky we are to have a prophet on the earth today.  One talk that I loved was Massimo De Feo who talked all about love. Pure love. 
That is what the gospel of Jesus Christ is all about. I have learned that when we show pure love everything goes much better, probably cause that is the Gods way and when we do life God's way it usually goes better (not smoother necessarily  but just more joyful)!

Every conference I notice how much they talk about the spirit and receiving revelation/inspiration because it is so crucial in our lives. We need to have the spirit to guide us through our life. I love that we can receive answers for our selves and we can know truth. 

I also have such a strong testimony of being able to do anything with God. I know that God can make us into so much more than what we are right now. We just have to include him in our lives. It is sad when people don't think that it matters that much. The GOSPEL DOES MATTER!  We are blessed to have the gospel, so don't throw it away! 

We also had a lesson with Hannah. She is so cute And so amazing. We taught her tithing and her faith is incredible. She doesn't make that much and after we taught tithing so said "you know girls, I don't make that much but my tv bill is just the right amount of money for tithing. The Lord does require sacrifice and I am willing to make it, even if it will be hard" (and it will be hard to give up her t.v. since she is an older lady and house bound). It was such a testimony builder to see her faith in a principle of the Gospel.

Easter is amazing and I love my Savior! He is the reason for hope! We spent Easter at Kathy and Joels (some other investigators) and they are older as well but they bought us a ton of food like bacon, eggs, sausage and fruit and then let us cook it for all of us and then we watched general conference. It was super fun!

Conference dog 

Easter snow

Made chocolate strawberries for Easter and conference!

Found Stevenson court!
Lake ponderay 
Noxon and Schweitzer 









No comments :

Post a Comment