Saturday, April 14, 2018

18 months


Sorry don't have time to re read this email so hopefully it makes sense!

This week started some of the lasts for me.

On Tuesday we had MLC and it was good to see so many of my companions and friends! We did have to wake up super early to get there in time. We got a ride with one of the ysa bishopric member. He is just super funny Northern Idaho old man. So it was just us, the elders and brother L. Brother L bought us Jack in the Box as well for breakfast. 

At MLC the departing missionaries always bear there testimonies at the end. I never thought it would be my turn. Sister Mitchell (my MTC) companion went first and then i was after. She talked about how when we landed in Spokane. We looked at each other and didn't have to say anything to know what we were thinking. We went straight for the bathroom and just started hyperfelating wondering what we had signed up for! And now to see where we are. Both bearing our testimonies about how much we have loved our missions and how it will be hard to leave it. 

So many of my companions were at MLC and I just love them all so much! And all the missionaries that I have served around. I am going to miss them! 

We had a lesson with Hannah again and she is such an amazing lady! She is such a woman of faith. When we were leaving she was like "girls, can I tell you a blessing? I have a friend that borrows money from me and I give it to her not thinking that I will actually get it back but yesterday I saw an envelope on my doorstep with the money that she borrowed from me. It was $60. Girls, that is $20 short of what I need to pay tithing. This month I just have to give up a couple of things at the grocery store."  

If you don't remember she is the lady that when we taught her tithing she said that she was willing to give up her TV even though it would be hard. TITHING BLESSINGS are real! God does bless our willing heart. It just reminds me of the rich man again. God asks us to give everything to him but the blessings are always greater. 

We had stake correlation this week as well. That is the meeting with the stake President and President Dymock. It was good. Good thing we have Sister Bradshaw. The elders and I wrote up all the reports and let me tell you, it showed that I hadn't been in school for a while. So Sister Bradshaw saved us by editing it all. Haha it was funny since I just didn't reread the report but the elders were like what, there are mistakes, we even reread all of it haha 
The YSA beach found out that I am going home soon so they asked me to speak and there is this one really recently RM that got super excited and started to tell me how weird to is to adjust. 

We are teaching this senior in high school. It was a member referral and we started teaching him the first week I got here. Last night we had a powerful lesson about the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is my favorite thing on a mission to see the first steps of faith taken. When someone starts praying and reading the scriptures. It is my favorite because it is such a pure sincere desire and the spirit starts working in their life.  Kyle is beginning to recognize the spirit.  He calls them nudges.  At the beginning of our lesson we asked him if he had prayed at all this week and most times the answer is no but he was like "Actually I prayed a lot this week".  He was visiting a college this week to see if he wanted to go there and told us that he was continually asking Heavenly Father what would be best for him.  He then said "Yep, Heavenly Father and I made a decision together and I won't be going to that college."  I loved how simple he put it and what a good example of what prayer can be.  So many times we forget what prayer is there for.  I love a sentence in the Bible Dictionary. 

"As soon as we learn the true relationship in which we stand toward God (namely, God is our Father, and we are His children), then at once prayer becomes natural and instinctive on our part (Matt. 7:7–11). Many of the so-called difficulties about prayer arise from forgetting this relationship. Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. The object of prayer is not to change the will of God but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant but that are made conditional on our asking for them."He is our Father and He loves us!!!

Made pizza!​​

!8 months picture in its glory
I don't know if this picture does my toe justice but I got frostbite on my mission and my toe is now super purple. Let's hope it stays on for another couple weeks ;)


Found Sasquatch

CRAZY HAIR
and the statue of liberty 

Hannah made us beet eggs and lots of other food

No comments :

Post a Comment