Wednesday, March 28, 2018

spring is a fantasy


We thought spring was here but than it snowed a ton this on Saturday but it melted so that is good!  Had zone p-day this Monday and it was fun, we went on a nature walk and then played basketball at the church. Then since we cover the YSA branch we went to fhe and played games.   


We are teaching this older lady named Hannah and she came to church! She hasn't been to church in over 40 years. She was so nervous so we went over before church and helped her get ready, read the Book of Mormon and prayed to calm her nerves. Her health is super poor and she hasn't been able to come since the missionaries started teaching her because she isn't well enough. So we had bishop come over and give her a blessing which really helped! She is the cutest and most positive person ever! I am so happy that I get to meet her! 


We found thai food! That will be my downfall, it was so good!!!


Had interviews this week as well. President and sister Dymock are such good people. We talked about me preparing to come home and my plans. And while I was talking to sister Dymock she just started telling me about her plans when they get home and then after she was like oh sorry this isn't about me! We are all in the same boat as, the mission coming to a close (just theirs was double the time and 10000x harder). She told me when they're speaking in church and the mission reunion, which is the weekend of October general conference and I am so sad I will be across the ocean. President and my companion were talking and he apparently told her that I had been through battle on my mission. I would have to agree with that one President. It has been a battle and I think I might come home alive, I mean I still have a couple more weeks so we will see:)


We do a lot of service here. Volunteering at an animal shelter and at an old folks home. It is a much slower pace up here. 70% is over 65 years old here. 


A thought this week:

I was just thinking about how challenges never really end and we always are changing. I read the story about the rich man in the Bible which says 
17 ¶ And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions."


 Even to the bitter end we must give it all to the Savior. We all have our possessions that we hold dear whether that be our pride, our hobbies, the comfort of our weaknesses the list could go on and on. Those things, whether they be good or bad that keep us from giving our whole self to the Lord. It is a hard thing to do.  Becoming Christlike is not an easy thing that we have to do in this life. I have wondered why it has to be this hard and the thought that always comes is that what we get in return is so much more grand than any of the human weakness or activity that we have to give up. To receive all that our father has requires us to sacrifice all that we have. And to be honest it probably isn't a fair trade. We in the end will probably stand in amazement and think was that all that we had to do. I know that I don't want to regret not giving it all to my Savior. Even though each day is a struggle to give him my heart and desires and do what he would have me to.









Pictures: order mixed up
Thai food
Nature walk
Waiting for interviews
At least 2 people this week told us about their bowel movements (when you are in a place with lots of old people) so we took a picture to respond to their text. 
Views
Hannah!
A flag at a door we knocked 
The zone. 
St Patrick's day 

No comments :

Post a Comment