Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Chocolate 16 bucks worth


Nicole's Letter: Chocolate 16 Bucks Worth
March 12, 2018

There are no words to accurately describe a mission. I feel like Elder Bednar when he said something like, I am increasingly dissatisfied with the insufficient words of the English language to describe the feelings of my heart. But what I have found similar to my feelings are in 

2 Nephi 33 
"But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry.

4 And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people. And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it persuadeth them to do good; it maketh known unto them of their fathers; and it speaketh of Jesus, and persuadeth them to believe in him, and to endure to the end, which is life eternal."


I have prayed for these people, I have laughed, cried, some of my greatest sorrows and joys have been found on my mission. I have hope just like Nephi that the words that I speak in weakness will be made strong. What we share, the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. It does lead to eternal life, I don't think we fully comprehend that on the day to day basis. That is what we do here, living the gospel of Jesus Christ brings eternal life. Yesterday there was extra time in sacrament meeting and Bishop called me up to bear my testimony since it is my last week in the ward. I have loved these people so much! I love Manito but it is time to bow down gracefully. 


This week we had MLC and it was super good. It was so fun to see all the other missionaries and past companions. And Sister Lilley came with us, which was super fun! Went on exchanges with Sister Davis which was fun! We went to Young Women's and Hannah Blake and I exchanged paintings that we did. Street contacted into someone that I have talked to before. I stopped him and asked a question and he goes "yeah I have already talked to you and you have already asked me that question. I got to go." I'd say i have been here a long time. 


Some other funny moments this week:

Had a lesson with the Carothers (part member family) and Alex (recent convert) came as well. It was so funny! Alex loves the Spokane 1st ward and it has been a hard transition and I was like "Well it's the same gospel in any ward" and Alex goes "um I don't know about that" haha just perfect in front of our investigator who has lots of concerns. So she started to ask questions and we just couldn't help but laughing.

And Alex said that he misses the comfy chairs that Spokane 1st use to have 2nd hour because they met in the high council room. So after sacrament meeting sister lilley and I rolled the stake presidents chair down the hall into our classroom. Alex loved it haha. He is going through some seperation anxieties i think :) I mean we are leaving and the elder in Spokane 1st that he loves is leaving. So he had us over for dessert last night. He texted after church and he was like "I want a lesson at 8 and I have a female friend" that's what I like, finding his own fellowship! But seriously he is the best. Fed us so much ice cream, cheesecake and chocolate cake. And yes i am paying for that right now but i couldnt resist. I know that people are put into our lives for a reason and he definitely is one of those people. He said that I have an inner glow. And then Sister Lilley and I had to walk home from Alex's and it was so sketch so the elders just rapped to us over the phone to protect us.


Also during gospel principles, Yvonne (Brother Carothers nm wife) turns to me and was like "what's your first name?" And then Alex from the back sitting in his rocking comfy chair goes Nicole and then everyone for a solid 5 minutes was talking about my first name. The poor teacher didn't know what to do. Gospel Principles is so funny because the people are always from all walks of life. 


Sister John went home. It was sad to see her go, she was awesome. Now I am staying with the Moran Prairie sisters and Sister Lilley as well. It has been kind of crazy! 


Some quotes i liked:


If we approach adversities wisely, our hardest times can be times of greatest growth, which in turn can lead toward times of greatest happiness


It is like building muscle strength. You must break down your muscles to build them up. You push muscles to the point of exhaustion. Then they repair themselves, and they develop greater strength. Increased spiritual strength is a gift from God which He can give when we push in His service to our limits. Through the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, our natures can be changed. Then our power to carry burdens can be increased more than enough to compensate for the increased service we will be asked to give.




Sister Cooper wanted to fed me one last time. Made meatloaf and gf pizza. 

Last day together, went for a run by our apartment. 

Alex, our body guard. 

We bought a lot of chocolate this week.


Sister john


Sister Lilley and me after mlc. 


Lili!

No comments :

Post a Comment