Tuesday, March 13, 2018

"do you see the wires coming out of my back"


Nicole's Letter: March 5, 2018

Some things this week:

I always get to Monday and never know what to write because honestly how do I even describe what happens on the daily basis.

A list this week to describe my week
-interviews with president. I always love having interviews.  And it was very good timing with different things going on.

-Then we had exchanges with the other sisters which is always super fun! Sister Kauvaka came to Manito with me.  We street contacted a lot of people, literally talked to everyone that we saw and literally no one was interested but hey you do your part and leave it up to the Lord!  Street contacting is super fun because it is so uncomfortable so many times but you just got to laugh.  There were these two guys doing some construction work up a driveway and I asked Sister Kauvaka if we should even go talk to them but then I just started walking up their super long driveway/alleyway and we tried to talk to them but it was an epic fail. Then we tried to talk to some other people and they just said no thank you and laughed maybe because they were high, smoking and carrying in a lot of alcohol and we were just trying to share the good word of god haha good times.  

Tracting literally is just like Russian Roulette, you never know what you are going to get.  Well last night we were lower on the hill, closer to the heart of downtown (usually not a place that we go after dark) but we were trying to contact a referral but there was no apartment number with the referral so we just started knocking.  This one lady told us/showed us all about how there are many wires in us and that she is pulling them out of her body with magnets and baking soda.  It was interesting to say the least. 

A homeless man walked into the church building on Sunday and was just saying all this crazy stuff.  Everyone didn't know what to do so apparently everyone's first instinct is to go get the sister missionaries to handle the situation haha.  But nothing really phases me anymore so we just talked with the man for awhile and then he asked to talk to the elders so we called the elders and then they talked to him for quite a while.  

We also went to the Sacred Heart hospital with the elders to visit people and the elders gave them blessings.  It is super interesting how God works.  We were visiting this one lady and they gave her a blessing and then the lady that was sharing the room came around the curtain and was like "Elders and Sisters?"  She was a member and needed a blessing too.  God is aware of us.

Did service at the food bank and I met someone that knows someone from Campo! Crazy connections!
The other sisters had a stalker so they slept on our floor on Saturday.  Bathrooms in spokane are covered in Human Trafficking posters and boxes for needles and injections.  I love my mission but Spokane has a lot of sad aspects of it. Someone told us that it is number 1 in the nation for car burglaries and number 6 in the nation for human trafficking. 

Yesterday in fast and testimony meeting a lot of people bore their testimony about Lamb of God (since they are doing that here in Spokane).  It made me miss it so much! And it is sad that I am going to miss going in this stake since transfers are next week and most likely I will be leaving.  It has been good here but it is time for me to go.  I got up and bore my testimony about broken hearts.  I was listening to the Lamb of God music, the song Make me Whole and it really made me realize that we can be become whole again through Christ.  We are meant to be broken and have broken hearts so we can be healed through the atonement of Christ.  There is a talk that I read and it said that the soil is broken to plant wheat.  Wheat is broken to make bread.  And bread is broken for the sacrament and the sacrament heals our broken hearts.  It is so true.  
Loving life over here in Manito! LOVE YOU ALL

​​sis john and i 
waiting for the bus



No comments :

Post a Comment