Wednesday, March 28, 2018

6 weeks.



I can't believe that I have six weeks left! It is kind of crazy. I am ending my mission in Sandpoint Idaho. Spent half my mission in Northern Idaho and the other half on the Southhill of Spokane! Sandpoint is just like Lake Tahoe/Trukee. So yes it is beautiful but being a missionary in Lake Tahoe is different than visiting it :) but it is good! My companion is Sister Bradshaw and she is from cedar city Utah. She has been out for about 7 months and is a good missionary. 

This week seems so long! On Monday we had our last zone p-day on the Southhill and it was super fun. I loved all of those missionaries so much!  They were all like family. I will miss being around missionaries. We are about 40mins to the closest missionaries, so closer than Grangeville but still far! Then on Monday Sister Lilley and I were companions. Had dinner with Manito's Bishop and then we dropped off the car to the elders and walked up the whole south hill. It was a good time. I miss the southhill so much! And then we packed Sister Lilley up since her mission ended. 


Then I was in a trio with the Moran Prairie sisters. It was super fun! I love those sisters. We spent the next few days saying goodbye to people in Manito and getting it all ready to pass off to the new sisters coming in. 


I seriously thank God every single day for the time that I got to be in Manito. That place is my home and those people will forever be my family. It was sad to say goodbye. 


The Blake's had a goodbye party and made a sign, cake and had balloons. It was so nice of them. 


Then transfers were Thursday and I got to Sandpoint. We are technically over 5 wards/branches since they just took out the elders that were in Sandpoint. It was funny, we called President because in our transfer call it said that we were over Sandpoint, YSA and Clarkfork but then we had a lesson that the elders set up in the Sunnyside ward. So we were confused if we were covering their wards as well. So when we called President he was like "oh Sister Stevenson it is good to hear your voice, isn't Sandpoint beautiful. We put you in a beautiful area" haha so I think President just put me in a beautiful area to finish my mission. The work though is a different story :). But President said that we weren't finding in all of those wards but if the members brought them to us we would teach them. The church is now cutting missionaries in the US and sending them to Africa and South America. We got cut 20 missionaries and we'll probably continue to get cut. They want the wards to step up and start finding. It will be good. We have had a couple lessons here, it has been good. 


I know that sometimes we do not see the results or affects of what we do until much later or maybe never in this life. This week was one of those moments where I saw it. The last dinner in Manito was at the Blake's and one of the Laurels from the ward was there. At the end we were all saying goodbye and she was like. "I have been deciding whether or not I should go on a mission and I just wanted to let you know that you have impacted me a lot and that my desire to go on a mission has increased so much by having you serve in our ward and seeing you as a missionary. And that I want to go on a mission now." It was one of those moments that just made me realize that even if you think no one notices, people do notice. You do affect those around you even if you feel like you aren't. I really have loved my time in Manito. It was the best! 
And here we go Sandpoint! Let's go! 

















No comments :

Post a Comment