Monday, April 23, 2018

Week 1

Nicole's Letter:
April 16, 2018
"Week 1"

Last week of the mission. Who knew that I would ever get to the point. I don't even know what to think. 

We had zone conference this week. Last one of the mission. It is weird to think that was the last one I will ever go to. The biggest surprise ever was that Jen from Post Falls surprised me at lunch! The missionaries in post falls are teaching her husband again since he can now get baptized and they were talking about me during a lesson. They told them that they were going to see me at zone conference which was on Hayden. So she drove up and surprised me! It was crazy to see her! I love that family so much! Things are going great for her and Tom! I am glad that I could help the sister missionary reputation for them. I remember that it was the first week of my third transfer and the elders told us about this family that just moved into our ward. The elders explained that they hated sisters. I was so scared walking in. Little did I know how close we would get! They are just the greatest! It was cool to see how far they have come.  After zone conference I was just so happy! I thought I would be sad since it was my last one and I had to say goodbye to more people but I just couldn't help be happy.  A lesson that I have learned is that there are many things in our life that we just can't control and we might as well roll with it! I mean April 25th is going to come whether I want it to or not.  I can't do anything about it so might as well be happy that I have loved my mission rather than being sad or scared or nervous about it ending.  It was a pivotal moment when I realized that I had actually learned that since I feel like I struggled with being okay with things that I couldn't control but I have realized that it is a much happier way to live.  Enjoy the moment.  It goes back to my favorite quote.  Come what may and love it! 


Hannah might be getting baptized this week. She is so determined to even though she is getting a procedure done today. We haven't told her all transfer that I would be going home since I didn't really feel like it was necessary. We were planning her baptism for the 28th and she asked if we could be a part of the program. We thought that we were in the clear to tell her that I wasn't going to be there. It was the saddest thing to watch when we told her that I was going home. She started crying and asked me how I was feeling. I explained that it was bitter sweet and how much I have loved all the people I have met. She told us how much she loved us with tears in her eyes. You can't help but just love Hannah with your whole heart when you meet her. It is like walking in the rain without getting wet. It is impossible for you not to just love Hannah. She has the biggest heart ever. We told her that she didn't have to push herself and that we would still make arrangements for the 28th but she stop and wrote down the 21st on the paper and was like "Nope it is already in pen. And besides how are you going to speak if you aren't there?"  So pray that all goes well this week! And hopefully my talk at her baptism will go well since her kids are coming and they are anti, so pray for all of us! Hannah is the greatest!

Also it has rained for three weeks straight! It rained for three weeks straight when I got to the mission.  Guess God is sending me home the same way I came out.  Just this time we have a car! (literally makes a world of a difference)

YSA FHE--had a potato pine wood derby 

district pday in priest river/newport area
jen!! and all the missionaries that she knows

 the district from grangeville
MLC pictures
sis mitchell
sister packer
keeping it real with our emotions with all this rain!

No comments :

Post a Comment