Monday, August 7, 2017

Week 5


The elders were super nice and fixed our AC and they left it like this for us to find haha

Nicole's Letter:
August 7, 2017
"Week 5"

looking uphill....oh wait 

went to urgent care... that was an experience.  You know it is bad when they take you right back into a room and then the doctor comes in like 3 minutes even though there are a ton of people in the waiting room.  But I'm not dead so guess the stuff that he gave me is helping even though sometimes I feel like I am going to pass out since I can't breath but it isn't anything major.  The doctor that helped me was super funny.  He asked all about missions and then at the end I gave him a pass along card cause I felt bad that we took forever not out proselyting.  So I just was like "Can I give you a picture of how you made me feel today?" It was a picture of Jesus with a smiling happy kid.  The doctor thought it was pretty funny.  Mixing things up with missionary work.

We met these two amazing people this week!  We saw them on a progress record one time and tried them once before but they weren't home.  But one night we were like we should try Sam & J.  So we knocked on their door and he answered and looked really shocked and said "Ladies?"  Surprised not to see Elders.  And then he let us right in! Crazy! They are both so nice!  We talked with them for a bit and they are trying to set one us up with their son so I think it is pretty safe to assume they like us.  Also, we totally thought that one of them was a less active member.  Especially when they were talking about the time they went to Hawaii and the temple was being rededicated.  They said they were leaving the day of the open house but they still went to see the temple.  It was the day just for the press to look around.  But then this temple worker talked to them and said he could show them around.  But some other workers gave a little fuss about it but the worker was persistent and said that he was going to show them around.  So they got a private tour of the temple and he was like "The spirit was so strong in that building. It was indescribable"  We definitely thought he was a member but afterwards we found out that both of them aren't.  Crazy! They are so amazing! We have a lesson with them tonight so we will see what happens! 
Then we went on visits with the Relief Society and High Priest Group Leader (I am so grateful for dad...makes me know how to handle all types of people :)))

The Manito Ward is awesome!! We love it so much! They actually do stuff for us and the WML is so great!
Also, Spokane has some crazy people.  This one guy came off of his porch and was like "Ladies, looking pretty today"  Definitely drunk.  He was inviting us to his parties and into his mansion.  We declined but he was super nice and chatty.  Then he asked our names which we told him when we first started talking and I was like "Sister Stevenson" then "Sister Madsen"  Then his eyes shot over to me and was like "Your first name is Stevenson?"  I explained that it was my last name and then he looked super hurt and threw up his hands and said "I talked to you for 10 minutes about my mansion and you can't even tell me your first name"  It was funny.  Then this other guy we gave a card with Jesus on it and he was like 'Hey, it's me" and then walked away.  

Spokane....

Love you all!     

No comments :

Post a Comment