Monday, November 13, 2017

GROUP EMAIL


snow
treats from Carol on our last night together

Sister Blake and Me


sister hulsey


Nicole's Letter:
Nov. 14, 2017
"Group Email"

This week has been up and down
Transfers.

Sister Blake left which was really sad.  I miss you a lot!  Sad we won't be together for the holidays.  This ward is seriously the best!  I feel like I have known some of these families for ever. 

One day for dinner one of the members went all the way into the valley and bought Cafe Rio for us.  

We got transfers calls again.  Sister Hulsey came, she is from Florence Arizona and she is very sweet.  
I know that this gospel is true.  One of our recent converts told us yesterday that she was done with church and it broke my heart.  It is sad because this gospel can change lives and it does.  I don't care, everyone has doubts and questions.  But if you stop doing the things that will draw you closer to Christ then of course those doubts and questions will get bigger and darker and pretty soon you are walking away.  There are people that tell me that I am brainwashed or that this church is deceitful.  Yeah no one is perfect but I want to tell them "You think I don't question this everyday, You think that I don't question as I walk through the dark and the rain with a person that I have nothing in common with.  Of course I question it but I don't just question it and walk away but I ask God and I search the scriptures and do things that will answer my questions  And sometimes I also have to just wait.  Wait and know that one day it will all work out.  Everyone is titled to their own opinion and I seriously respect and love everyone but I just want to tell people that walk away, please don't.  This gospel is Christ's gospel and Christ is at the head.  With Christ all things are possible and we need him.  Turn to him and he will guide you home.  Yes it can be hard but hard is good.  Hard is constant.  The variable is our reaction.  React with more fervent desire to know the truth.  Yeah we won't have all our questions answered but focus on what we do know and never stop searching.  God truly does love all of us.  Even though it may seem like he could care less what happens with you (trust me I have asked that this week) but I know he does care.

But anyways that was sort of a rant so you can skip it if you want :)

We also talked to these YSA salesman for a long time in the rain and it was super funny.  They were like Hey! Wait don't go we want to waste time.  We only have like 10 minutes!  It was funny.  

Nothing new:  This ward is awesome!!! They are great!

Love to all! Enjoy your warm homes for me! winter is coming and i am driving ahhh wish me luck!

No comments :

Post a Comment