Monday, November 27, 2017

Camera & Cookies









as you can tell we had thanksgiving which means a full day of doing nothing
 so we took lots of photos and sister hulsey loves photos




​​the zone making cookies

lots of cookies

the sisters in the zone 
getting into the Christmas spirit




Nicole's Letter: Thanksgiving

We had a good week.  
Our dinner for thanksgiving cancelled last minute since they got the stomach flu but then our ward is so amazing that our RS president posted it on facebook and then we got like 5 invites.  So we had two official thanksgiving dinners! One at the stake president's home and another at the Muirheads, who are one of my favorites!!  We made cookies as a zone and then delivered them to a lot of people.

The sisters brought us some gelato which was way good and super nice of them.

Miracle of the week!

We were walking down the street on Saturday morning and we ran into Travis! He is an investigator that we haven't been able to get a hold of but who is super solid.  And he told us that he had been in the hospital but wanted to meet again.  It might not seen like a miracle but it totally was!

Had interviews with President and Sister Dymock and they are seriously the best!

One thought that I took away from it was "Sounds like a pride issue".  That is what one of the elders mom's wrote to him when he told her that he just felt like he was failing and wasn't doing good enough.  She told him that he needed to be more grateful for the Savior's atonement that enables all men to become better and do not get down on yourself because you are failing.  

Another spiritual moment this week was when I was in the bathroom (on a mission i feel like that is where most come from since it is the only place you can be alone).  But I was just sitting and I thought "I seriously can not do this".  And then I thought came into my head "You can't do this" (which wasn't what I was expecting). But immediately after that the voice said "You may not be able to do this but with the Savior you can". 

 "I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me"   I am grateful for all of you! and most importantly the Savior.  When we think we can't do it, turn to the one that can!

No comments :

Post a Comment