Monday, February 13, 2017

It just keeps getting better. . .




Nicole's Letter:
"It Just Keeps Getting Better"
February 13, 2017

This week we had interviews with President and Sister Dymock, we now are going to have them every transfer.  They are seriously the best.  I love them! We found out our area could be changed up and we might be moved out. We will see when that happens.

We had another lesson with Brooklyn, the 13 year old, who's parents are less active.  She really wants to get baptized but she and her brother promised when they were little that they would do it together but now her brother wants nothing to do with it.  So hopefully we will have a lesson with her tonight but her mom is out of town for a week or so.  We are going to go to her dad's house but he has bailed on us so many times since Sister Ireland has left, he loved her.

Then we had two more lessons with Julie.  It was good.  She reads for the Strength of Youth every night to her family.  She loves that book!  

I was reading in the New Testament the other day.  Everyone go look up Matthew 14.  Oh man it hit me.  So just imagine, Jesus Christ just got word that John the Baptist got beheaded, his cousin/friend.  Jesus probably just wants to be alone for a little bit.  He goes away yet the multitude follows him.  And then Jesus has compassion on them.  After all that, I mean I can only imagine the emotions Jesus was feeling.  If it were me, I would have made it a point to me alone, maybe yell at them to go away, something.  Yet, Christ looked outward, even in the midst of hardship.  That is truly being Christlike, when we look outward when we want and probably have all the right to look inward.  It made me want to be better.  No matter how lonely, frustrated, tired, impatient I feel, I want to look outwards.  I know I can with the Savior.  Just a thought from this week.


Love you all!!!
Sis Steve

No comments :

Post a Comment