Monday, November 14, 2016

November 14, 2016 Letter


Nicole's Letter
Part One: "Faith #1"

Here is an idea for all those still reading my emails...
So i am working on christlike attributes in PMG and this week I was working on faith.  And it would be awesome if everyone joined in and did it together so this week look up scriptures and study faith and more specifically having faith that the Jesus Christ is your Savior.  If it is confusing just look in Preach My Gospel under Christlike attributes and there is a little test thing and it is the top sentence.
Here is what i learned about faith:
It is confidence and trust.  It is a principle of action and of power.  true faith leads to action so it carries an assurance of the fulfillment of things hoped for.  Faith leads to action.  God works by power- HIs power usually exercised in response to Faith.  And then we Jesus Christ becomes reality in your life it isn't that He somehow makes you do things that you wouldn't do otherwise.  You just find yourself wanting to do what He would do and respond as He would respond in an effort to bring your life into harmony with His. When you try to walk the way he did and place your feet in Christ's footsteps it leads you to the Father.  Then it is hard to have a negative attitude about things if and when your life is focused on the Prince of Peace.  It can be a source of inner strength through which we find self esteem, peace of mind and contentment and courage.  And it can be a causative force through which miracles are wrought.
This helped me so much this week because it was a slow week and Saturdays are my least favorite days and I had all excuses to be discouraged on Saturday but I had faith in the Savior and I knew that he would provide, maybe not that day and maybe not even in Post Falls but I have confidence that God looks out for me and that is very well aware of me.  Also, having faith doesn't mean that everything will work out right then.  I mean Nephi and his brothers had to go back 3 different times and then Nephi still had to do something to get the plates, he had to kill Laban and all that was commanded by the Lord.  The Lord was very well aware that they would get the plates and could of easily given it to them the first time but he makes us work and makes us grow in faith.  So there is just a little thought that probably doesn't make sense but we should all do this and then if you have any wisdoms for me please let me know.  this is more for me ha just want to get as many wisdoms and advice for all of you. 
love you all


Nicole's Letter
Part Two: "Thunder Thighs"

My body is so tired, don't know how people come back still alive from a mission ha.  We biked a ton this week.  One day though I was just like we look like idiots and then we saw a member from our ward and he didn't even want to wave to us! I was like I better get a bunch of blessings from riding my bike in a skirt while wearing a helmet.  But whatever it is all good!  This week was good i think.  I don't know this area is so slow and the bishop is not really into missionary work which is so stupid because if he isn't then the ward isn't and we all know that member missionary work is way better than just full time missionaries.  If anything a mission is making me realize what kind of member I am going to be and person I am going to be when I get off my mission.  We have gone to so many less actives and the reason for them leaving the church is our ward.  Even this morning we went to Sister Kimball's house and washed her walls and then she said she has never met a ward like ours and how much she doesn't like it and the people.  and of course i am not giving her any validation because if you're truly converted to the gospel than the people don't matter.  and the reason why people should go to church isn't for the social it just makes me mad a our ward.  and earlier this week we went to see another less active and she said the same thing! So lesson learned, so be friendly to everyone and if you don't know just say hello and introduce yourself, you just never know.  We had interviews with president and sister dymock this week! It was so nice and I just love them.  So Sister Dymock makes all the missionaries take the color test and I scored white like really high white and my companion was like "uh i don't think that is right, i think you have a lot more red and yellow..." and then sister dymock while interviewing me was like i see yellow in you which is funny because i would never think that and then to my comp she was like Sister Stevenson is funny- probably thinks i am just psycho haha i am like one of those wind up toys were just goes and goes and then slowly dies.  Or at least out here i am.  i don't really know what i am writing and i am assuming that no one reads my letters anymore besides mom and dad so it doesn't really matter what i write.  my brain is just slowly shutting off.  Last P-day we went bowling which was super fun with our district.  I like my district.  Today we are going to Coeur d'Alene and getting icecream at the resort so that should be good.  
also GOD LOVES ME! This week i prayed that it wouldn't rain while we biked and it didnt! it was pouring the rest of the day but when we biked it didn't.  I don't pray about not biking because I know that I have to but I bike that there will be clear crossing at roads because there are like 3 really busy roads that are 4 lines across and they don't have cross walks or lights and there are usually always clear crossings for us when we are on our bikes.  Also, it was so funny this week while we were biking up this hill after biking all day the wind was so crazy that we were pedalling but not moving and then we started laughing and i just couldn't do it so i just had to stop and get back on because the wind was so strong, you had to be there to think it is funny probably with everything on a mission because everything is just a lot more funny here
this is another pointless email and sorry i never proof read them...also tell me what you want me to email about.  after i get off i always feel like i should off said something else
also i am trying to be more positive so sorry if my emails aren't positive, im trying to be better at that

No comments :

Post a Comment