Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Cutting Wood.


the fields are so pretty here
whitebird hill

 Birthday love from Sister Norman
candid calls and texts picture
a house that was on our ward list....
foreign exchange students that lived at a members home

Some happenings:

1. I have no cavities! I have been having some tooth pain so there are a couple dentists in the ward and one of them said that I should come in and he would take a look...NO CAVITIES!!! Just the last filling that I had was super close to the nerve so it bothers me sometimes.

2. We went to see Lezlie's mother-in-law Irene and that was fun! Showed us some pictures of her garden and then gave us Pepsi

3.  Learned how to cut and stack wood this week.  Not one of my strengths.  We talked to this man named Dale a couple weeks ago and offered some service.  He said that he might and took our number but no one really ever follows through with that but he called us on Friday! He had some wood in his truck.  So we hauled lots of wood and then he made us try and cut some with an ax.  Yah you can just imagine me with a big heavy ax trying to hit a small target....eventually I made it through the log but it was very uneven.  And then we made an assembly line.  Sister Norman was throwing the wood down the stairs to Dale and then Dale wood throw it to me and I would stack it.  It was pretty funny.  Also, the wheelbarrow was super heavy and you had to go over this little bump and we both tried doing it.  I actually made it but Sister Norman went down with the wheel barrow and logs went all over.  It was funny.  We then had watermelon on Dale's porch after.

4.  Yesterday had a district Blitz.  So the elders came to Grangeville and then we went to Orofino.  It was a pretty drive and then we walked around Orofino and these kids were riding their bikes and they were like "Hello! Can you come teach us about God!"  Thought I would never hear that on my mission;).  Apparently when sisters use to be in Orofino they would go to their house and teach them.  But the little girls were pretty insistent on us talking to their parents to see if we could come back. But their parents were having a party in the backyard.  The little girl took us there and then she was like okay you can go talk to them.  (there were a ton of adults there) So we were like do you want to introduce us so the little girl was like "Sister Stevenson and Norman are here"  It was funny.  The mom was nice.  

5. We also met these two guys named Vit and Dick (don't know if those are there real names...)  Anyways, there was a old guy with one leg in a wheelchair and another middle aged man working on putting together a garden box.  Both were shirtless and for a moment I thought the old man was naked in his wheelchair, i was praying he wasn't.  Don't worry he had shorts on you just couldn't really see them. So we walked up to them and started talking to them.  They were pretty funny.  Vit was Russian and had a strong thick accent.  At the end he was like "Sorry I am being a jerk, I just don't know what to say"  So now I know why people are jerks to us, they just don't know what to say haa

love to all!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment