Monday, May 22, 2017

Wait, What?



Paxton


Idaho, oh how I will never leave you (okay well I don't have a choice:)


The Clarkston sisters and us


Our entire mission met on May 6, 2017 and we were taught by Elder Jeffrey R Holland


Nicole's Letter:
May 22, 2017
"Wait, What"


Staying another transfer in Grangeville, Idaho!
This week, well I thought it would be my last week so I was pretty excited ha
Anyways we had a 4 day exchange so I was still in Grangeville with a Clarkston sister and a lot of our appointments cancelled and it snowed, like really snowed (it stuck on the ground).

Then we had Elder Golden, a member from the seventy come speak at our zone conference.  It was good.
We tracted this week and I tried making it a game (like Riley's baseball game).  I said that if we get a home run (someone let's us in) or 3 strikes (slammed doors) then we could go home and do something else (even though we don't have anything else to do ha) But we knocked on the first door in Vista View apartments.  No one was home. Then the second door the person opened the door and we were like "How are you?"  He said "I don't know, I'll let you know in a second"  Then we introduced ourselves.....door slam ha.  I kind of turned around and just was like "well, see ya"  And this 13 year old boy was watching the whole thing.  He kind of sympathetically laughed with us.  And said "Yah, most people around here aren't interested in that kind of stuff"  Then he told us that we should probably go try Tamarak housing (it is community housing and we literally go there so much).  So we went to Tamarak to get a little confidence boost since all the kids there love us.  We walked to Tamarak and Khloe one of the little girls started screaming because she was so excited to see us.  So at least we have Khloe who is 6 and all her friends. 
 
Then we were walking past the Downtowner Inn (a motel) and we are friends with one of the workers Mike and he came out and was like "wait, girls I have someone that you can go talk to"  He explained that they were talking about the Mormon church since her dad was LDS and that she is literally going to be homeless this week.  So we knocked on her door and it was Crystal (a lady that Sister Packer and I taught and then she got evicted and we lost contact/ she ignored us).  When I saw her I was thinking "This should be interesting"
But she let us in and told her that she had to pull David (13) out of school since they went to Lewiston and were homeless for 3 weeks.  And now they are only in the motel for two more days and going to get kicked out (in fact in 2 hours they will be homeless).  And she has the cutest 5 year old son Paxton.  So basically we were social workers this weekend.  One perk is that I know that I will never be a social worker...EVER.
But they came to church and Paxton didn't want to leave.  Also, he is 5 years old and doesn't even know how to count to 10 and counting to 5 was a bit difficult.  

So sad.
But one good thing....
So we are meeting with this recent convert (was baptized in the summer in Jerome, Idaho) and became less active but wants to start coming back.  He was also a Pentecostal minister all of his life.  4 generations of ministers in his family.  His son is becoming a minister as well and Brother Sterling hasn't told him that he is LDS yet.  He was traveling down to go to his graduation and was super nervous to tell him.  His son also is slowly beginning to not talk to him because Brother Sterling's ex wife is starting to turn their son against him (even though it was her that cheated a bunch of times but Brother Sterling didn't tell his son that was the reason for the divorce since he didn't want his son to be mad at his mom).  We were meeting with Brother Sterling and he wanted a blessing.  After the blessing he said "Even if my son never talks to me again at least I know that I was a witness of Christ and because of that I know everything will work out".  He truly has amazing faith.

This is hard actually pretty extremely hard but like Brother Sterling said, "I know that I am a witness of Christ and because of that I know everything will work out"
Well, everything is good :) Hope everyone has an amazing week! Be nice to everyone around you maybe some of those good vibes will be sent my way and we can find some people :)

Love to all!

No comments :

Post a Comment