Monday, October 31, 2016

Fake Laugh, Real Pain

got a couple days of fall now its over:(

​Mexican food in post falls which was way good

Yep.

skyyyyy

 my bruise from basketball and it just got blacker


I am soaked... 

​sister IRELAND

Oct. 31, 2016
Nicole's Letter:

SO I am here in Post Falls, Idaho.  Yep, I don't know what to say.  I haven't emailed in two weeks and so much as happened.  I will first tell you that my last wednesday in the MTC I had my most embarrasing moment.  I mean we all knew it would happen sooner or later.  My district was playing knock out and I was going to get the ball and I kinda tripped on my foot but then caught myself but then I moved my other foot and I went down like face planted straight onto the floor.  I didn't even trip over anything expect my feet.  And I went down hard.  It was so embarrasing and then I just laid there for a second, turned around and everyone was just staring haha. no one laughed which made it worst.  So i got back up, got in line and all the elders were like are you okay sister and I was like shut up.  it was not one of my finer moments but it was still super funny.  we all had a good laugh about it later.  And i got a massive bruise.  
But enough about the MTC.  Sadly that part of my mission is over.  Could have stayed there forever but I have been kicked to the curb now. 
So lets just start out with that my area is a bike area only.  We are one out of two areas that are only bikes.  We dont have a car and we walk everywhere.  I mean come on.  There were so many places I could have gone and I got the one that doesn't have a car.  THere is only one other area that doesn't have a car!! but it is all good.  We biked the first day and I think my trainer realized that I hate biking so we have walked almost everywhere so thats a blessing.  I might have sore feet but at least I dont have any scars yet.  My trainer is Sister Ireland and is from Boise Idaho! She is super nice.  I mean just really nice and fun and sweet.  I am glad she is my trainer.  She has been out a year and will go home in April.  
The area that I am serving in is Post Falls and lets just say I could be in Elko for all I know.  It is a different country up here.  But charity.  Charity. Charity.  Is the most heard word in my head these days.  Also, I think God decided to give me a little bit of England.  It has rained almost every. single. day.  and each time I get soaked.  The first couple days I didn't think would end and I thought they were pretty pointless but they are getting better and we are slowly doing more work.  Apparently, Post Falls esp. the ward that I am in is the area that no one wants to be called to in the mission.  The ward doesn't really do any missionary work and the work is just really really slow.  Yah, its the area that people just pass the time and can't wait to get to another area.  But i am determined not to have that mindset because its pointless.  I mean I am out here to do missionary work and if I have faith and work my hardest I will have no regrets.  This is the Lord's work and he knows what he is doing and I am confident in that.  
I am definitely in the real world.  Have gotten doors closed in my face, yelled and honked at and much more.  But who cares what people think.  I know that this gospel is true and one day they will know.  
We have had a couple lessons with people.  One was with a 20yr guy and he didn't know we were Mormons until we came back and taught him the lesson.  It was pretty funny because he was like yah you and the mormons are the only people that go from door to door and we were like yah we are the mormons.  But the lesson was really good.  He seemed really interested and we asked him if he would pray to know if it was true and he was like yah of course i am going to.  which makes sense but tons of people dont do that.  but we are losing him to the YSA missionaries.  All the missionaries have such cushy lives, with cars and investigators and we are over here walking in the pouring rain drenched from head to toe to a persons home and then they arent there or just getting yelled at by old ladies.
Then last night we had such a fun lesson with Larissa and Dennis.  They are probably in their 40s and they are dating not married but he is a less active.  comes from a really strong odgen utah family.  was going to go on a mission but then had a kid with his girlfriend.  But he shared how cool it is when you find out that all of this is true and told of his experience.  Before last night i thought that there wasn't a single normal person in post falls but they changed my mind.  I haven't laughed harder.  they both are so funny and then his son who is 13 was there and he is a sweet artist and going to make us a painting.  im excited. 
but all is good.  i have stopped praying that this will be the fastest 18 months so thats good haha
love my trainer, love the gospel learning to love post falls 

Part two:

sorry about the spam but i am just writing more until my comp says we have to go
so when i got to spokane and had my interview with president dymock he told me that my trainer was suppose to be sister birdie and i was going to go to SANDPOINT-ask dianna she said that is one of the prettiest places.  which apparently is beautiful, they cover 3 wards and they work is really good there! AND I WAS SUPPOSE TO GO THERE.  and then the next day at the stake center we were meeting our trainers and sister birdie and another missionary sister norman got called and I was really confused.  later president dymock came up to me and was like well the spirit just kept working on me and now you are in post falls with sis ireland.  I think it is because Sister Norman the sister that is now in sandpoint couldnt handle post falls.  I mean sister ireland said she was super surprised that president would put anyone here as a greenie because it is a really rough area but I guess I only can go up right?? and i dont have to get discourage about my teaching skills because we havent really taught anyone this week haha just kidding
Lane who is 50 is going to be baptized at the end of nov but we are teaching him the word of wisdom and he is a heavy smoker and drinker like everyone here.
we also met another guy this week that was like oh yah i have met with the missionaries before and heard all your messages.  we were like so... and he told us that he loved them and they were amazing! not expecting that at all but he doesn't have a phone so it should be interesting if we ever get in contact with him again.  
also, anyone have good door approaches?!
i need any and all advice please!!!
and how do you get members involved.  the ward doesn't do any missionary work and that is the key to missionary work.  Areas that are successful are areas where the memebers do their work so freaking help out the sisters in our ward and give me some suggestions please.

No comments :

Post a Comment