Sunday, July 2, 2017

Sunny Days


This week was super good!!

When no one emails.........

Monday:  All of our lessons got cancelled.  We had three solid lessons lined up and one by one they starting dropping. I mean I was bummed but it didn't really phase me since I know that there are other things that I can do.  My first two transfers when things got cancelled I got so depressed but now I just move on :)

Tuesday:  In the morning we went to Cottonwood and one of the Relief Society counselor who is so funny (kind of reminds me of Carol Bush) took us out with her to go visit some less actives.  Then we went to the store since she was going to buy cookies for her friend and we were in the store forever since she knows everyone and she introduced us to everyone! It was awesome!  Then we went to visit her friend who has been asking her questions and one time came up to her in tears and said I need what your family has.  But then she has fizzled in interest since her husband doesn't really like the church.  Then we had lunch with Sister Rambo.  She said that I look like Jennifer Lawrence so that was good I guess :)  Then we went to Dales again and chopped, hauled and stacked more wood.  It was very hot.  This time one of Dale's friends was over and he was from Oakland.  He was there for when the temple was built and dedicated so it was fun talking to him about it.  Then we had a lesson with a member family and they taught us the Plan of Salvation.  They are awesome!

Wednesday:  Was probably my last day at the thrift store since I will probably be getting transferred next week (but who knows?!).  The thrift store ladies are always so nice and they love us so much!  They were all giving us hugs and saying that they were going to call the one in charge and tell them to keep us.  Then we had a lesson with Rachael, the nine year old that we are teaching.  We taught the Plan of Salvation on the trampoline.  Her mom is a member and she was going to be baptized in June but she wants to wait for her 7 year old sister to turn 8 in September so they can do it together.  It was fun though.  Then we had a lesson with Hannah and she was super emotional.  She has met with missionaries for the past 10 years! She knows it is true but just doesn't want to change.  At one point she just sighed and said "I don't know what to tell you, I am just Catholic".  So we are working with her to actually read and pray to know.

Thursday:  We got asked to speak in church so we went and invited all of our friends.  We invited Irene who is Lezlie's (RC) mother-in-law who is so cute and nice! She said that she was going to come with Lezlie!  Then we went by a ton of other people.  One guy who runs the Downtowner Inn, Mike, he said he couldn't come but then he gave us some flowers and spearmint leaves.  Then Lyn (who is our favorite! She wants to be baptized so badly but her husband isn't supportive) told us that she might have breast cancer.  She said that she knows that God is in charge and it probably is him pushing her to be baptized because she has work to do for her ancestors. Pray that her husband's heart will soften.  Then we drove to Lewiston since we had Zone Conference on Friday in Moscow.

Friday:  Zone Conference and it was the greatest ever!!  The APs gave such a good training (some of the highlights are in the other email since I know that no one would read this email if I put all those thoughts in this because it would be so overwhelming with all the words :)  It really made me so grateful that I am on a mission! This is the greatest! Serving my Savior makes me so happy.  I really do believe that when we lose ourselves for Christ's sake we find ourselves because there is more of us to find!  There are so many things that I wish would happen or wouldn't but those don't change the deep underlying happiness that I feel! I love being a missionary and I love Grangeville!  We went on exchanges after Zone Conference and I went to Clarkston.  We walked a lot and it was hot but we met a ton of people.  This guy was riding his bike and I said Hello! And asked how he was doing so he slowed down! (I felt accomplished since he was on a bike and he had headphones in and we got him to stop and talk to us).  We talked about the restoration and he was interested.  Then he said that I looked like Kesha and took a picture...so we will see if the Clarkston sisters ever meet with him.  Also, I need to work on getting people's number... So many awkward encounters.  One guy said that he would totally give me his number if I was older... and then this guy in Clarkston I was saying we would like to share more and then I was like do you have a phone (Obviously he had a phone, he was listening to music from it and holding it in his hand right in front of me, felt like an idiot :)

I have really come to know the truth of the twins statement "People can't hate happy".  It is so true! They might not be all too thrilled at what you are doing or sharing but they can't completely hate you if you are happy!  I have found the trick, Just make everyone feel like they are so important that you are going to stop and talk to them! And then smile and pray for the best :)

Saturday:  Exchanges still.  I love the summer since everyone is outside and it is so easy to offer help when they are working in the yard.  We were at this person's house and I saw this older lady doing some yard work so I was like let's go over there and talked to her.  So we ended up helping her pick up some leaves and weeds and talked to her about her family.  I love learning about people and I have come to realize that God really does love everyone!

Sunday:  We gave talks in sacrament...not my favorite but Irene came!!!  Then we went to Whitebird with the Joslins.  It was a good lesson.  It is really cool to see people develop their faith.  When Sister Packer and I first found Ryan he didn't even know who God was.  He didn't know what prayer was or anything and last night he said that he had been talking to God more and more.  It is neat to see the connections that he makes that Heavenly Father does care about him and knows him by name. 

And that is the week. It is sunny and I am happy :) And this is what you get when no one emails me....a big fat email that no one will probably will read but oh well it is just my journal entry :)

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!





The APs gave such a good training called
 "It's Possible!" Here are some of the highlights - There's a difference between motivation and inspiration. "Understanding doctrine creates vision" (Elder Ardern). Using the eye of faith, open up your minds and see what God wants you to become. Focus on all that is good and optimistic. Ask yourself - what kind of a servant you want to be. Then figure out how to become that servant.  Change doesn't work unless you do. Let the Savior change you. Les Brown, (audio) motivational speaker: "There are winners. There are losers. And there are people who've not discovered how to win... Operate out of your imagination, not your memory."
Elder Cummings training  "The greatest weapon on earth is a human soul on fire! We are working outside ourselves for something bigger and better. I saw it in Elder Holland. He's probably the greatest weapon on earth! He said, "Look at me and see the fire in my eyes and the flame in my soul." From the Iron Giant movie: 'You are who you CHOOSE to BE". BE EASILY INSPIRED! Humble yourself in any setting and say "This is going to change me!" Anything can inspire you, change you. Look at things and be changed. Come out of things and say it changed my life. Find something that you can do to change. You should meet up in a companion you see later on and they should see a change in you. "
Picture: Mike gave us roses



some old photos from p-days :)




No comments :

Post a Comment