Saturday, December 30, 2017

Gifts








Nicole's Letter: Gifts
December 11, 2017

We had zone conference this week and it was awesome! Zone conference always comes when I need it the most! It always is such a good recharge for me.  I love President and Sister Dymock! They are the best!
They talked about giving gifts to the Savior.  
So this week I started giving a gift to the Savior each day.  It was cool to really focus on doing something for the Savior each day.
I mean some of them were not that big Gift of Listening, Gift of patience, gift of compromise.  
And then I started to see all the gifts people were giving to me.  Gift of rides, Gift of time, gift of service.  So many!  I challenge everyone for one week to give a gift to the Savior and notice all the gifts that we do have!
This Saturday we were walking up the street and I noticed this person sitting on the step across the road.  I looked at her and I knew that I needed to talk to her but I was like we are already late for a ride that someone is giving us and she is across the street and we are late (making excuses) But the only thing that was coming to my head was a couple elders in the zone a couple transfers ago would always say "Cross the awkward street gap"  And so I just said hello and crossed the street.  We crossed the awkward street gap and I am so glad I did.  We talked to her for a bit and she said that it was super weird that we started talking to her because she had be going through a really hard time and just was thinking about God and then we walked over to her.  She asked us if we could pray with her and so we said a simple prayer.  She said that she was super grateful that we stopped and talked to her.  I am so grateful for the simple spiritual impressions that we receive and follow.  Even though I won't be able to see her again since she lives in Cheney I knew that it is the small and simple things that bring to pass great things.  I am grateful for the small things that God gives me.  

We had the Ward Christmas party which was super fun as well!!!

Went on exchanges with Sister Norman and we got MOD pizza with one of the YSA members.  It was so good! and then we went to get Coldstone.
Transfers are next Wednesday on the 20th and then we get to talk on the 25th!!!!! Can't wait!


No comments :

Post a Comment