Wednesday, January 31, 2018

THE NEWS


TRANSFERS>>>>>>>I'M STAYING ANOTHER IN MANITO!!!!!!

I know no one would have guessed it but here I am, staying half of my mission in one area.  Kind of crazy but I am happy! Sister John is the best and the area is so great! 

We have four people that are on date for this transfer so hopefully all will go well and they can all make their dates! 
One of them is Lili! She is getting baptized this Saturday and she is just my favorite! She was super nervous for her baptismal interview but she did great!  We made invitations before and she leaned over and was like "I just wish that my baptism could be tomorrow!"  It will be this Saturday and I can't be more happy for her! She needs this in her life!

Some other things this week:

I had my first "official" sick day on Tuesday since I was up literally all night in the bathroom.  I was so mad because I have never had to call and have to stay in but right when I told the nurse she was like you can't go out.  So I slept a lot.  But we had a lesson with Lili and we had stake reports with the Stake reports (with the stake president, high counselor and our mission president)  I was determined to not take the whole day and luckily I felt much better after some sleep and was able to go to everything in the evening! 

We had another lesson with Frankie and it was amazing!! (I mean what do I expect, he just gets it).  Anyway he prayed about a day and he felt like Feb 24 so that is what he is preparing for! Hopefully his parents will agree!! Pray for that! He said that his mom just wants him to be happy and said that he could but we are still waiting for his dad.

A story from Sister John's email:

​​"Yesterday Sister Stevenson felt prompted to go visit a family that has rejected us multiple times. Once again, they rejected us. BUT THEN. We turned around and there was a park across the street. A man and his 4 year old son were walking around the park, skipping rocks off the frozen pond. Sister Stevenson and I looked at each other and agreed we needed to go talk to him. After talking with him and leaving our number and a pass along card, we walked away down the street. But I was uneasy. It's hard to explain what I felt - I just wasn't satisfied with the conversation we had with him, even though we bore testimony and it was so strong. So I told Sister Stevenson that we needed to go back, and we gave him a Book of Mormon. He was so touched that we had given him that book and mentioned he had recently watched a powerful video about Joseph Smith!!!!! Unfortunately, he told us his wife is basically anti Mormon. We promised him blessings and he was so sincere about reading the Book of Mormon. He even started reading a little bit as we were standing there talking! He just kept flipping and scanning the pages. I have a feeling we will hear back from him soon. That was the first time I felt prompted to go talk to someone on my mission. Although it wasn't huge or gut wrenching, something just kept turning me back. I have faith that Reese will help his wife soften her heart and come into the Gospel where they will experience countless blessings as families!!"





No comments :

Post a Comment