Monday, January 8, 2018

2017


This year.....

Was my black out year on my mission and now it is over.  That is kind of crazy to think about.  
Some things this year.

1. I was a missionary


I was reading through my old journals to try to cheer up my companion and it was fun to look through what I have gone through this year.  Never did I imagine some of the things that I have been through.  Going through Post Falls and learning some of my biggest life lessons on charity and total reliance of God.  Now looking back, it definitely was God humbling me to my knees.  He knew that I needed to be broken in order for Him to help me do this mission.  

Went to the middle of nowhere and loved so many people in Grangeville, Idaho.  To me that was a little paradise vacation.  So many nice people and warm summer days were there. 
Then to Manito where I have stayed half the year.  And it has been a good half, with lots of laughs and tears.  Some really hot days and now really cold icy days.  I seriously don't know how I manage to fall so much.  If I don't leave the South hill without a broken bone I will be impressed.  My neck, elbow, hip, and knees hurt so much, stupid ice!

I am so happy that I had all of 2017 to serve as a full time missionary!  Last year I wrote in my journal "I hope that I can look back on 2017 with fondness" (Don't know why I used that word) But i definitely can say that I do.  It has been a great year!  And this year is going to be a year to remember!

 caroling

sister john and i
pizza with some missionaries

temple

No comments :

Post a Comment